MEGALOCHORI VILLAGE TOUR WITH WINE TASTING
Price: From 75€ per person
- Type: Private & Shared Wine Tasting Day Land Tour
- Official Private Price: 330.00€ / 1-2 PAX – 380.00€ / 3-4 PAX – 440.00€ / 5-8 PAX
- Official Shared Price: 75.00€ / PAX (MAX. 15 PAX GROUP)
- Points of Interest: Megalochori Village – Heart-Rock – Arvanitis Canava – Gavalas Winery
- Starting Point: Designated Meeting Point
- Duration: 4hrs.
- Departure Time: 11:30
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Transportation from / to Meeting Points
- Wine Tasting of 3 Varieties with Assortments
TOUR EXCLUSIONS :
Walking tour in the traditional village of Megalochori, one of the most picturesque villages on the island. Home to historical mansions, old traditional houses, pirate hideaways and wine canavas, it has a history of merchants and wealthy land barons exporting Vinsanto wine that the island still produces.
Antonis Arvanitis Canava, an authentic and traditional canava, is in the area of Megalochori. In this canava you can taste wines which are aging in old French or Russian barrels, ready to fill your glass, with the product name written on them with a chalk. These barrels are filled with Nychteri, Rose, Brousko, Mezzo and Vinsanto, so you have many tasting options. Traditional delicacies will be served for you. So if you seek for a total authentic Santorinian wine experience, this is the perfect choice for you!
The Gavalas family has been exclusively engaged in the vinification of the indigenous varieties grown in Santorini, since the end of the 19th century. Up until the 1920¢s the family produced wines from grapes grown in their privately-owned vineyards and vinted in their winery (canava) in Megalochori. For the first time in 1998 the Gavalas family bottled their own production of Vinsanto at their small but modern winery (canava), in Megalochori. Wine tasting of 3 varieties.
Tour on Map
Terms & Conditions